Pin IT

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Those dreaded granny fabrics Im trying to get rid of

Here is my start to getting rid of my stash. Remember the quilt is Here that I am making. The gray fabric in the bottom left corner is my background for the stars. Today I get to start sewing them all together. I cant wait, I hope it still sparkles with it being calicos and from my stash.

I did change the size of each star to 41/2 inch squares so I only needed 48 instead of 80, and 8 singles, 4 doubles and 8 halves (or 3/4 stars) for the ones that are running off of the quilt. I wanted to be able to use my accuquilt Go! cutter, What fun!
I wasn't sure if I had picked an easy stash project at first, but I think that was due to the fact that I decided to change the size of it all so I started out with a piece of graph paper and drew a quarter of my pattern with the new size to be sure of the math. Now I have cut everything out and sorted out how to organize everything and I think it's coming right along. I'll be sure to link it up at Oh Frannson! when I am done.

Ok so this is the reason Im tired of old fabric and I want to get new! I just got these patterns from my local quilt shop. Thank you to Cozy Mountain Quilts, Katy and of course Amanda Murphy! So NOW do you see why I want new fabric, that old stuff just won't work. I'm so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment