Pin IT

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Crosstitch Retreat


 I don't even know how to express my gratitude without gushing about how Wonderful the people and the experience was at the NW Stitchers Retreat!
  The new friends I made and the graciousness of the friends I already knew was beyond anything Ive ever known!

There was The most gracious Host in the entire world and her daughter, that treated me like family, great food, fun gift exchanges, famous people that included me in everything! I got to meet my dearest friend in person, Hi Dee! Everyone was so sweet to come to my demonstration of how I like to finish my crosstitches! 

Fun was had by all!



Here we are with our lights and magnifiers visiting and crosstitching!


That's our gracious host Peggy there in the middle!



Here are my tablemates, Kristin, Beth, Rebecca, and their Mom Auggie!

Beth and Rebecca are the famous people! Of My Sister's Samplers and Beth has a flosstube called, Stitching in my Pajamas! They were so fun and brought their Mom Auggie too! They came stitching in their pajamas multiple times! It was unforgettable meeting them and learning about how they love reproducing samplers and their love of stitching.

We stitchers are all like that, so wanting people to just enjoy stitching like we do. It was so fun to be in the same room with so many like-minded people for 4 days!



 
Isn't this the cutest! It was my exchange gift that I received and the same lady got mine, so we really did exchange gifts!


Here is the gift that I gave.


This was a gift by our Host and is filled with all my gifts from others to be used as my working box! I love having a piece of everyone with me every time I stitch!

Thread drops to go in there too!



Here was my haul from retreat. Mary let me try her lapstand and I fell in love with it, so I ordered one of those.

I bought some patterns because I don't have enough of those, And Kristin, oh my, what a lovely lady, she gifted me the sweetest crosstitch that is a butterfly house...Houses were our theme, Thank you so much Kristin, I cannot wait to stitch it up!


Something else really special happened, Andrea went home with my crosstitch quilt and said she would love it, use it and take care of it, now arent those words of our dreams! Enjoy Andrea!

So needless to say I will be going to next years' retreat! I don't know if I can wait that long to see you all again!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful time!


4 comments:

  1. Wasn't it just the best retreat?!!! Thanks for sharing and best of all for being you! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This almost makes me want to start but I’m holding back. Just have too much fabric and wool! You know! Great job on the blog. Roxane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete